The business travel event of the year is almost here! GBTA 2019 is August 3 – 7 in Chicago and we can’t wait! Travel and Transport employees will be at the Convention, discussing the technologies, roles and responsibilities that are shaping the travel industry.
The theme for GBTA Convention 2019 is “Evolve” and that couldn’t be more appropriate.
The daily work, challenges and opportunities impacting corporate travel buyers and travel managers today is in a state of constant flux. As we’ve mentioned elsewhere, transparency and fluency in new technologies are key to navigating the evolving travel industry successfully.
Still, that’s not even close to all that awaits at GBTA 2019!
Focus on what matters with Travel and Transport at GBTA booth #3612.
If you’re attending GBTA 2019, you’ll want to make sure to visit us at booth #3612. Travel and Transport connects you with the resources you need to successfully navigate and manage the ebb and flow of the travel industry.
We believe strongly in transparent pricing models, ethical business practices and delivering a satisfying travel experience for every one of our clients. You shouldn’t have to skip on service or rewind your travel program to fit into a predefined box.
We’ll help you focus on what matters in your travel program with cutting edge technology that includes:
- Configurable Push Notifications through our Dash Mobile and Portal solutions
- Our latest reporting system enhancements, including a new pre-trip reporting interface and experience
- Travel advisor chat
- Our one-of-a-kind agent desktop system, which we call BARTT
We use Machine Learning in our travel advisor CRM, BARTT, to learn from traveler behavior, serving up recommendations and data to our travel advisors in real-time so they can give the traveler exactly what they want, within their policy, without needing to ask the traveler multiple questions.
Visit DVI at Booth #4012
Travel and Transport company, DVI (Data Visualization Intelligence), will again be at this year’s GBTA Convention to demonstrate how the right combination of data, technology and expertise can result in powerful solutions for business travel programs.
Among other things, DVI will show how we use machine learning to continually improve our system's recognition of different expense line items and travel suppliers to give businesses a true picture of what they're spending on travel and entertainment.
Visit booth #4012 to experience a demo of our truly remarkable system and meet with true travel innovators who are bringing data visualization and scientific insight to the travel industry.
Evolve at GBTA 2019 with these informative sessions
In addition to inspiring keynote sessions, GBTA 2019 features informative and educational sessions on a multitude of topics and ideas impacting the business travel industry.
You can see a list of all the sessions at the GBTA Convention 2019 website, but we’d like to call your attention to five in particular:
- Hone Your Presentation Skills Through Storytelling – On Sunday, August 4 at 2:30 PM, Karen Brennan, Director of Sales, will join Duane Goucher, Director of Enterprise Travel at Allstate, and Michelle DeCosta, Global Head Travel, Meetings & Events, Fleet and Aviation at Takeda, to discuss how buyers and suppliers can hone internal presentation skills and apply key concepts of listening to understand and build a story.
- Get Ready for the Next Gold Rush: Data as the New Digital Currency — On Monday, August 5 at 8:00 AM, Brian Beard of DVI will discuss the increasing complexity of travel data and the golden opportunity to those who are able to mine this data effectively.
- Making the Road Warrior’s Journey Easier — On Tuesday, August 6 at 9:45 AM, Joel Bailey, Senior Vice President, Customer Solutions, will show corporate buyers how leaders in business travel can make travel easier for employees who travel frequently.
- Executing a Best-in-Class Travel Program for Mid-Market Clients — On Tuesday, August 6 at 10:30 AM, Greg Mannix and Nicole Wilcock of Radius Travel (a Travel and Transport company) will provide insights on travel solutions geared towards large multi-national clients in excess of $100M total global spend.
- Is a Meetings Management Program Right for You? — On Wednesday, August 7 at 12:00 PM, Marla Everett of Travel and Transport and Henrietta Balint of Radius Travel will teach attendees how to engineer success and navigate obstacles when contemplating building a Meetings Management program.
Sightsee Around Chicago
Chicago is a phenomenal city with so much to see, do, eat and enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a slice of deep-dish pizza, want to relax at Navy Pier, take a trip across Lake Michigan or go shopping on Michigan Avenue, there’s lots to take in when you’re not learning and connecting at GBTA 2019.
Most importantly, Chicago is a very welcoming city to visitors. Travel and Transport has many employee-owners, clients and friends that live and work in the Chicagoland area and we always feel right at home there! We think you should too.
Discover things to do in Chicago at ChooseChicago.com.
If you’re at GBTA 2019, we hope to see you at booth #3612 or at one of the many great sessions and events happening through the week. If you’re not able to make it this year, you can still get in on the fun by following the events at insights.travelandtransport.com and on Twitter with live tweets from our team @TandTNews. We’ll be using the official GBTA hashtag #GBTA2019.