In the fast-paced world of retail, it’s imperative you work with a business travel management company that understands the demands of the retail industry.
1. Store Openings: Detailed planning and perfectly executed launches of store openings are imperative to success. Travel and Transport is a flexible and scalable partner that understands the quick ramp-up time required for these events and prepares our travel teams to be agile, nimble, efficient and cost-effective.
2. Direct Billing Needs: Hiring and recruiting is an integral element for the retail industry. Travel and Transport provides customers with Secure Pay, an exclusive hotel pre-payment option that generates a virtual credit card for hotel bookings. Our strategy cuts down on the risk of fraudulent activity and supports business travelers who are not issued a corporate card.
3. Cost Savings Focus: With the increase in minimum wage affecting the retail industry, cost savings is a critical component to your travel program. Travel and Transport Account Managers constantly take a proactive approach to offering and finding cost savings solutions that positively impact our clients. We offer our retail clients value-added savings that average 25%, but are as high as 38%.
4. Market-specific Hotel Needs: Specifically, for retail hub cities such as San Francisco, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Paris, London and Hong Kong, we leverage the combination of volume and consistency in hotel use and stay patterns to support productive rate negotiations in these markets. As these markets also tend to be the most volatile for room rates, we leverage proprietary technology to check and re-check for lower rates between the time of reservation and check-in. For retail fashion clients, we have access to the Li & Fung hotel program—a unique and comprehensive hotel program exclusive to organizations in the fashion industry. Li & Fung’s global reach and buying power provide cost savings, special discounts, perks and amenities.
5. Budgetary Evaluations: Retail organizations have areas with separate budgets and operating expenses. From business units to merchandizing centers to store operations, we have created specific ways to separate these areas so budgets can be appropriately monitored and allocated. Our reporting supports detailed monitoring of compliance and spend.
6. Personalized Experiences for Traveler and Travel Manager: A travel portal provides a personalized experience for the traveler with access to travel tools, including the online booking tool, trip sharing options, past trips invoices, etc. Travel managers can configure messaging relevant to their travelers and their organization. Our mobile application keeps travelers up-to-date with gate, departure and security alerts. 24/7/365 touch-to-call access to travel counselors and in app messaging supports the user experience and drives compliance.
7. Unused Ticket Management: Tracking airline tickets that go unused for any number of reasons, including employee turnover, is imperative in monitoring overall cost savings. Our proprietary nonrefundable ticket tracking technology reduces the spoilage of eligible nonrefundable tickets. Our clients experience an average spoilage rate three times less than the industry average.
8. Advanced Agent Tools: All travel counselors have traveler-specific data at their fingertips, maximizing efficiency and accuracy. The system recognizes the caller’s phone number and auto-populates company policies and preferred vendors—resulting in unparalleled personalization; including access to current, future and past trips and information about peer groups who travel to the same area.
9. Event Expertise: We manage event travel for groups of up to 6,000 people in destinations around the world. Our events include high-touch executive-level service and roadshow events; we service a mix of designers, celebrities, security detail and more, supporting annual product launches and high-profile multi-genre media events. We excel by providing a key “owner” or single point of contact within the events department to promote collaboration and proactively respond as changes or needs arise.
10. Event Reporting: We have found retail organizations are more apt to have specific groups that require a fresh approach to reporting. As such, we have configured triggers as a part of the reservation. Once a trigger is activated, we confirm the travelers are part of the room block and provide a list of who has booked their travel for that specific show, meeting or event. This detailed report provides an added benefit, allowing us to monitor the attrition rate to ensure hotel commitments are being met.
11. Attention to No-Fly Rules: In the retail sector, large movements of individuals are required for fashion shows and other industry events, such as Fashion Week and Magic. Travel and Transport pays special attention and sets many “no-fly rules” within the booking system to accommodate the organization’s requirements and passenger exposure limits.
12. Data Security: As with many industries, retail clients have strict data security protocols that we meet and exceed. In addition, some of our clients have auditors, and we are well versed in meeting those requirements. Our security efforts provide the best data protection in the industry.
With a portfolio of nearly 100 retail and high-end fashion clients, Travel and Transport has dedicated resources to understanding the specific needs of our retail customer base and have developed the tools and solutions essential for retail-focused travel management programs.